2017 MLB WORLD SERIES TICKET SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
THE 2017 MLB WORLD SERIES TICKET SWEEPSTAKES (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY (EXCLUDING BRITISH COLUMBIA, MANITOBA AND QUEBEC) AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS (THE “CONTEST RULES”). THE CONTEST IS SPONSORED BY DAIRY FARMERS OF CANADA (“SPONSOR”). THE CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORDED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR IN ANY OTHER WAY CONNECTED TO, ROGERS BLUE JAYS BASEBALL PARTNERSHIP (“RBJBP”).
- ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
- be a legal resident of Canada (excluding the provinces of British Columbia, Manitoba and Quebec);
- be of age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry;
- be the sole owner of all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the Essay (as defined below) (where applicable); and
- be legally able to travel to any destination where the 2017 MLB World Series is being held and have any and all necessary documentation as may be required for presentation to Canadian and/or United States of America customs and airport personnel (such as a valid passport).
Employees, agents or representatives of the Sponsor, Tracy Locke Canada, The Mobile Experience Company (including their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies), Contest administrator, RBJBP, and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are not eligible to enter the Contest. This Contest is also not open to any members of the immediate families of, or persons domiciled with, any of the Contest Parties. In these Contest Rules, “immediate family” means mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and/or legal or common-law spouse.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Contest Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Sponsor’s official time-keeping device(s).
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on July 12, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (EDT) on August 22, 2017 (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) methods for initiating entry into the Contest. Regardless of the entry method, entrants may qualify to receive only one (1) entry per original receipt or one (1) entry per original essay.
- The two entry methods are as follows:
- ENTER WITH PURCHASE: To initiate entry via text message, and to complete your entry from a mobile device, you will require a SMS (text message) enabled device with a web browser and access to the Internet (a “Phone”). During the Contest Period, text the word MILK to number 80808 (standard message & data rates may apply). You will then receive a text message reply from the Sponsor (the “Message”) containing a link that will direct you to https://WinWithMilk.ca (the “Contest Site”). Alternatively, you can visit the Contest Site directly by typing the website address into your computer or mobile device browser. At the Contest Site, you’ll be prompted to upload an image (PNG, JPG or JPEG file format, not more than 5MB in size) of an original cash register receipt. PLEASE NOTE: Each receipt can only be used once to participate in the contest (MAXIMUM OF ONE ENTRY PER RECEIPT). Only receipts from in-store transactions will be eligible. Online transactions are not eligible for this promotion. Your receipt must show the purchase of at least one (1) liter of fluid white, chocolate, or organic cows milk product (please refer to Appendix 1 for list of excluded milk or imitation dairy products) in a single transaction occurring within the Contest Period (inclusive). Receipt must clearly show items purchased, store, date and time of purchase. Each receipt can only be used once to participate in the Contest – subsequent submissions of the same receipt will be void. Prior to uploading your receipt, you will be required to complete the online contest entry form (the “Contest Form”), including your full name, mailing address, phone number and a valid email address, as well as agree to let the Contest administer contact you via phone and/or email for prize fulfillment purposes. Upload of receipt and submission of Contest Form must be completed by the Contest Period to be eligible to be entered into the random draw for the Grand Prize and Secondary Prize. You will qualify for one (1) entry in the Contest per Contest Form. Contest is fully accessible via the Internet. If you choose to use a wireless device, message and data rates may apply. Please check with your mobile service provider to determine your standard text messaging fees, as related to ‘short code’ messaging. All Contest Entries must be received on or before the Contest Period. OR
- ENTER WITHOUT PURCHASE: To enter without purchase, entrant must submit a unique handwritten original (not photocopied) 50-word essay on "Why I love Milk", (“Essay”) along with their name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address to the address below (the “Contest Address”):
- 2017 MLB WORLD SERIES TICKET SWEEPSTAKES
- PO Box 250
- Pickering, ON L1V 2R4
Each entry must contain an original Essay and must be enclosed in a separate envelope bearing sufficient postage, be post-marked from July 12, 2017 to August 22, 2017 (inclusive) in order to be eligible to be entered into the random draw for the Grand Prize and the Secondary Prize. Each Essay can be used only once. You will qualify for one (1) entry into the Contest per separate envelope containing an original Essay. By participating in this Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that the Essay: (i) does not contain any material, language or gestures that are libellous, defamatory, indecent, profane, obscene or violent and does not violate any laws relating to hate speech or otherwise; (ii) is original, solely created by the entrant and that no third party participated as an author, co-author or otherwise in the creation of the Essay or any part thereof; (iii) all right, title and interest (including copyright) therein is owned and/or controlled by the entrant to the full extent necessary to enable the Sponsor to use the Essay as contemplated by these Contest Rules; (iv) the Essay does not infringe upon the intellectual property right, proprietary interest or other statutory or common law rights of any third party; (v) does not contain any recognizable logos or any other copyrighted material; (vi) does not contain any mention, endorsement, or “plug” any commercial product, service, venture or thing, including, without limitation, the name of your employer; and (vii) has not been submitted in connection with any other contest and/or promotional campaign.
Limit of eight (8) entries per person, per day, regardless of the number of entries received or method of entry. Sponsor is not responsible for any entries or entry requests that are not received by Sponsors regardless of cause. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification from the Contest. Any attempt to submit more than the maximum number of entries may void that entrant’s entry. Entries generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. All entry information becomes the property of the Sponsor. No other forms of entry are valid other than those set forth above. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, mutilated, forged, garbled, electronically reproduced, stolen, postage due or misdirected entries or mail. All entries, including the Essay, become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned for any reason.
In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the phone and/or email address at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a cellular telephone number/email account (as applicable) by a service provider. Selected entrants may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the phone and/or email address or mailing address associated with the selected entry.
- Odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- The two entry methods are as follows:
- PRIZES: There will be a total of four (4) prizes available to be won: three (3) grand prizes and one (1) secondary prize.
- GRAND PRIZE: There are three (3) grand prize available to be won by the grand prize winners (“Grand Prize Winners”) each consisting of: (i) a four (4)-day/three (3)-night trip for a Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest ("Guest") to game 4 of the 2017 MLB World Series championship (or such other 2017 MLB World Series game as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) (the "World Series Game") consisting of round-trip economy class air transportation from the major Canadian gateway airport nearest to Grand Prize Winner's residence in Canada to the city hosting the designated World Series Game; (ii) standard double-occupancy hotel accommodations (i.e. one (1) standard room), (iii) two (2) tickets for the designated World Series Game, (iv) ground transportation to/from the airport and the applicable hotel, and (v) $2,500 (CDN) spending money (collectively, the "Grand Prize"). The approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Grand Prize is: $11,300 based on airfare from Halifax, NS to a city on the western coast of the United States or from Edmonton, AB to a city on the eastern coast of the United States. Actual value of Grand Prize will vary depending on Grand Prize Winner's city of departure and host city of the World Series Game. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon. Seat locations at the World Series Game shall be determined in the sole and absolute discretion of administrator and/or Major League Baseball, as applicable. Administrator, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to provide ground transportation in lieu of air transportation if Grand Prize Winner resides close enough to the host city as determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion for the designated World Series Game (and no additional compensation or substitution will be awarded for difference in prize value). Grand Prize Winner and Guest will be responsible for ground transportation from Grand Prize Winner’s residence in Canada to the major Canadian gateway airport nearest to Grand Prize Winner’s residence in Canada and return, travel and medical insurance, all travel documentation of whatever nature, any travel fees or taxes, bag check fees (if applicable), taxes, gratuities, telephone calls, in-room charges, mini-bar charges, items of a personal natures, meals and beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), and any other expenses not explicitly included in the Grand Prize. Grand Prize Winner may be required to present a valid major credit card upon check-in to cover any expenses over and above the standard room charge. Trip must be taken on dates specified by administrator or prize will be forfeited and, at administrator's discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries received for the Grand Prize Drawing. If the designated World Series Game is canceled or postponed for any reason, administrator will substitute the Grand Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value as determined solely by administrator. Travel and hotel accommodation restrictions apply. Travel arrangements must be made through administrator's agent and on a carrier of administrator's choice. Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents, including passports and visas (if applicable) prior to travel and must have no impediment to entering the country of the host city. Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Each Guest of the Grand Prize Winner must be of legal age of majority in his/her province (and at least eighteen (18) years of age). All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion. Major League Baseball game and event dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and may be subject to change. Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest agree to comply with all Major League Baseball and Major League Baseball Club stadium rules and regulations relating to the use of Major League Baseball game and/or event tickets and, in accordance therewith, agree not to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with any intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at such game. Administrator and the applicable MLB entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to winner and/or any Guest, who engage in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game or event. In the event the Grand Prize Winner and/or his or her Guest engages in behaviour that, as determined by Sponsor or administrator in its sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor/administrator reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send the Grand Prize Winner and/or his or her Guest home with no further compensation. The Released Parties (see rule 7) will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage, natural disaster or any other event or situation outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game or event. Major League Baseball game tickets awarded as part of the Grand Prize may not be resold or offered for resale or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the game, event or exhibition ticket(s).
- SECONDARY PRIZE: There is one (1) secondary prize available to be won by a secondary prize winner (“Secondary Prize Winner”) consisting of: (i) a three (3)-day/two (2)-night trip for the Secondary Prize Winner and three (3) guests ("Guests") to meet Toronto Blue Jays™ J.A. Happ in Toronto, ON (date to be confirmed and subject to change); (ii) round-trip economy class air transportation from the major Canadian gateway airport nearest to Secondary Prize Winner's residence in Canada to Toronto, ON; standard double-occupancy hotel accommodations (i.e. two (2) standard rooms), and ground transportation to/from the airport and the applicable hotel in Toronto, ON; and (iii) $1,500 (CDN) spending money (collectively, the "Secondary Prize"). The approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Secondary Prize is: $9,500 based on airfare from Edmonton, AB to Toronto, ON. Actual value of Secondary Prize will vary depending on Secondary Prize Winner's city of departure. Administrator, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to provide ground transportation in lieu of air transportation if Secondary Prize Winner resides close enough to the Toronto, ON as determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion (and no additional compensation or substitution will be awarded for difference in prize value). Secondary Prize Winner and Guest will be responsible for ground transportation from Secondary Prize Winner’s residence in Canada to the major Canadian gateway airport nearest to Secondary Prize Winner’s residence in Canada and return, travel and medical insurance, all travel documentation of whatever nature, any travel fees or taxes, bag check fees (if applicable), taxes, gratuities, telephone calls, in-room charges, mini-bar charges, items of a personal natures, meals and beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), and any other expenses not explicitly included in the Secondary Prize. Secondary Prize Winner may be required to present a valid major credit card upon check-in to cover any expenses over and above the standard room charge. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries received for the Secondary Prize Drawing. Travel and hotel accommodation restrictions apply. Travel arrangements must be made through administrator's agent and on a carrier of administrator's choice. Secondary Prize Winner and his/her Guests are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents prior to travel. Secondary Prize Winner and his/her Guests must travel together on the same itinerary. Each Guest of the Secondary Prize Winner must be of legal age of majority in his/her province (and at least eighteen (18) years of age). All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion. Administrator, RBJBP, and the applicable MLB entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to winner and/or any Guest, who engage in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the event. In the event the Secondary Prize Winner and/or his or her Guest engages in behaviour that, as determined by RBJBP, Sponsor or administrator in their sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, RBJBP, Sponsor and/or administrator reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send the Secondary Prize Winner and/or his or her Guests home with no further compensation. The Released Parties (see rule 7) will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage, natural disaster or any other event or situation outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the event.
- PRIZE DRAWS:
- A random draw will be held on August 28, 2017 (the “Draw Date”) at approximately 11:00 AM (EDT) in Toronto, ON from among all eligible entries received in accordance with these Contest Rules during the Contest Period to determine the three (3) Grand Prizes selected entrants and the one (1) Secondary Prize selected entrant (each a “Selected Entrant”). Each Selected Entrant will be contacted by telephone within two (2) business days of the Draw Date. If a Selected Entrant: (a) cannot be reached by telephone within five (5) business days of the first attempt; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question (see rule 7); (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see rule 7); and/or (d) is otherwise deemed by the Sponsor to be in violation of these Contest Rules; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit any and all rights to the applicable Grand Prize or Secondary Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries received in accordance with these Contest Rules during the Contest Period. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a Selected Entrant.
- The Grand Prize Winners and the Secondary Prize Winner are not entitled to the monetary difference between the actual Prize value and the stated ARV.
- PRINTING ERRORS, ETC.: If due to printing, production, online, internet, computer or other error of any kind, more Prizes (as defined in rule 7) are claimed than intended to be distributed or awarded according to these Contest Rules, then, in addition to having the right to terminate the Contest immediately, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to rescind invalid Prize claims and/or conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible Prize claimants to award the correct number of Prizes. In no event whatsoever will the Sponsor or any of the Released Parties be liable for more than the number, type and value of Prizes as stated in these Contest Rules.
- AWARDING OF PRIZES (GRAND PRIZE AND SECONDARY PRIZE): To be declared as a confirmed winner of the Grand Prize or Secondary Prize (hereinafter collectively the “Prize or Prizes”), each Selected Entrant must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question posed by telephone. The Selected Entrant and Guest(s) will also be required to sign and return the Sponsor’s notarized Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”), which, among other things: (i) confirms compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution; (iii) releases the Sponsor, its affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, supplier of the Prizes, the administrator, Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., RBJBP, the independent contest organization, and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, governors, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with the Prize or any portion thereof or this Contest; and (iv) agrees to the use of his/her name, address (city and province/territory) and/or photograph without further notice or remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest. The Release Form will be emailed or couriered to each Selected Entrant and must be returned within the time period specified on the Release Form or the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and nothing will be substituted in its place. Upon correctly answering the skill testing question and receipt of the duly completed Release Form by a representative of the Sponsor, the Prize will be shipped to the confirmed winner by the Sponsor within approximately two (2) to four (4) weeks. Shipped Prizes shall not be insured and Sponsor shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
- LAW: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entries, other materials and/or entrants. By participating in this Contest, you agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE CONTEST RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties will not be liable for any damages or loses of any kind, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of access to and use of the Contest, including without limitation: (i) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (ii) the failure of any entry and/or other information or materials to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or due to late or lost entries sent by mail or otherwise; (iii) any injury or damage to any individual’s or any other person’s or entity’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (iv) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a winner or eligible winner; and/or (v) any combination of the above. In no event shall the Sponsor’s total liability to any entrant for all damages, losses or causes of action exceed $100.
- NO WARRANTIES: Without limiting the foregoing, this Contest and all prizes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, implied or direct. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitation of implied warranties so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to the entrant. Check local laws for any restriction regarding these limitations or exclusions.
- TERMINATION: The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Contest Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules, including, without limitation, any error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Contest Rules) in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill, as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
- PRIVACY/USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, mailing address, age range, telephone number, e-mail address and their Essay (collectively the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to, contacting and announcing the Winners and coordinating the provision of the Prizes; (ii) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of the Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
- CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant is deemed to have executed and agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Site and made available throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Site or any related promotional website; and/or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Sponsor or any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST SITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Grand Prize Winners and Secondary Winner and their respective Guests must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the Prizes and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at the games sites, the hotel, and/or any Prize-related location. The Sponsors reserve the right to remove from the games site, the hotel, and/or any other Prize-related location, any Grand Prize Winner or Secondary Winner and/or their Guest who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Grand Prize Winner or Secondary Prize Winner and/or their Guest.
- INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT: By entering the Contest, each entrant releases and holds Released Parties harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (a) their participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity; (b) the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize; or (c) any breach of the Contest Rules. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Released Parties from any and all claims by third parties relating to the entrant’s participation in the Contest, without limitation.
- DISCREPANCY: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES:
- Except where prohibited by law, the parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Contest Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest and any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Contest Rules and/or the Contest, shall be settled by binding arbitration. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party.
- The arbitration shall be conducted in the Province of Ontario, City of Toronto. THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in the Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Contest Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the provincial and federal courts located in or closest to the City of Toronto in the Province of Ontario.
- LOCATION OF CONTEST RULES: These full rules are available on the Internet at https://WinWithMilk.ca/rules.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations is owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. © Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball Properties, Inc.
- POSTING OF WINNERS’ NAME. Within thirty (30) days of the Draw Date, the Sponsor shall post on the website at https://WinWithMilk.ca/winners the winners’ names (first name and first initial of surname). This information shall stay on this website for a period of at least thirty (30) days.
- © 2017 Dairy Farmers of Canada. All Rights Reserved.
Appendix 1 (excluded Milk or imitation dairy products)
- Chocolate Beverage
- Flavoured Milks (excluding chocolate milk)
- Single Serve Milk Portions (packaging less than 1L)
- Protein Beverages
- Other Milk Products (goat, sheep, etc.)
- Non-dairy Beverages (soy, almond, coconut, rice, etc.)
- Any dairy or non-dairy product other than those listed in section 3(a)(i) of these official rules and regulations